At Iles & Jenkin we look at every possible way of ensuring that every home we are marketing has the best possible chance of being sold for the highest price in the shortest amount of time.
I read a lot of estate agency and property industry magazines and websites to stay on the ball and hear about new ideas and ways of marketing people’s homes.
An article which caught my eye last week was from America. It said how estate agents (or realtors as they’re known across the pond) were calling in Feng Shui experts in a bid to make homes sell quickly and for more money.
For those of you who are unaware, ‘Feng Shui’ is an ancient Chinese philosophy based around positioning objects and buildings to maximise a positive flow of energy and, many believe, to create good luck.
Feng Shui has been around for 5,000 years, so it’s nothing new. You might think it’s all a bit New Age but some Feng Shui principles are actually just common sense.
Why not look at these five ways that Feng Shui could help sell your home, and decide for yourself?
1) Arrange your living room so that people who walk in aren’t met with the backs of furniture. i.e. sofas.
2) Keep a lid on it. Yes, I’m talking about your loo. Feng Shui experts believe that water is linked to money and the toilet is one place that water (money) ‘escapes’. Even if you don’t buy this theory, keep your lid closed anyway. It just looks better.
3) Place thriving plants or flowers in the corners of rooms. This gives the property energy and life according to Feng Shui.
4) Less is more. Feng Shui experts share estate agents’ beliefs when it comes to clutter. Their view is to get rid of it to create a good flow of energy in every room.
5) Let go. This is an interesting one and I’ve seen this before. Sometimes people subconsciously don’t want their homes to sell for whatever reason. In this situation, they advise that you sit down and think about why you want or need to sell and why it’s for the best. Then, once you’ve reached a decision, commit to it 100%.
So, what do you think? Is Feng Shui a load of old rubbish or can it really change people’s lives and make homes more saleable?
At Iles & Jenkin, we will always keep an open mind to anything that can help us sell our client’s homes and will leave no stone unturned in finding ways to secure you the perfect buyer, and at the perfect price.
Thanks for reading!
PS. Want to get a SOLD or LET sign outside your property quicker? Call Joe James and our team on 01934 512537 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for honest, expert and friendly advice.