Tenants’ Guide to Charges
Iles and Jenkin are a member of a redress scheme provided by The Property Ombudsman www.tpos.co.uk.
Copies of the TPO Code of Practice plus our complaint handling procedure are available from our branch.
Under the terms of the Tenant Fee Act if you enter into an ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY, payments which may apply will be as follows:
Permitted Charges in accordance with the Tenant Fee Act 2019
- First month’s rent in advance
- Tenancy Deposit the equivalent of 5 weeks rent
- Holding Deposit maximum one week’s rent
- Early termination when requested by the tenant a charge not exceeding the financial loss experienced by the landlord
- Utilities, communication services, TV license and council tax
- Default charge for late payment of rent limited to interest charged at 3% above Bank of England base rate, when rent is more than 14 days late Default charge for replacement of lost key or security device equivalent to cost incurred
- Changing the tenancy documents after the commencement of the tenancy £50 inc. VAT
How do we ensure our tenants are protected?
We are a registered member of the UKALA Client Money Protection Scheme. This is a client money protection scheme to ensure your money is handled within the correct manner. Download a copy of our UKALA Client Money Protection Certificate here.
For easy reference, you can also, download the UKALA Client Money Handling Member Guidance here.